Becoming a parent is a feeling too beautiful to explain in words. Both the mother and the father seem to be going through waves of joy and excitement for welcoming the newborn. While they do so, they are also gearing up to share the responsibility of the infant. Definitely there are various baby products and gears available in the market for a mother. But this market is slowly opening up to offer useful solutions to the doting dads too. One of the most important gears to be tried and managed is the baby carrier. Going by the experience of the users, the Ergobaby Carrier, the Mei Tais and the Moby Wrap have been given the maximum votes for their high performance. You can also view other best infant carrier 2014 or read detailed reviews of other baby carriers here.
The Ergobaby Carrier is one of the most promising designs to wear and hold the baby. This carrier has proven to be easy to use and simple to get the baby on the back by one’s own self. It is designed to include large straps which can be easily clipped. Although the Ergobaby carriers are slightly expensive these offer myriad of functions. Initially the new dad might have to struggle learning how to use it. But slowly he is bound to get the hang of it and infact will find it extremely user-friendly. Also parents have been singing songs of praise for another version in this category – the Beco Ergo baby carrier. They mostly happen to share most of the features but is believed to give more comfort compared to the former one.
At the second level, most of the new dads found the Mei Tais to be the preferred choice. Generally men prefer black or grey colors in the baby products. They will be highly pleased with Mei Tais which come in several designs and patterns. These are considerably lower in price compared to the Ergobaby Carrier. It needs to be tied around the back and strapped over the shoulders. It is designed to include a squared piece of fabric which keeps the infant against the body of the user. Even with the baby being heavy, Mei Tais prove to be a success in holding the baby for longer span of hours. The best part about this is that Mei Tais can be used as front or back carriers.
The third best baby carrier is the Moby Wrap. It is a boon for all the new dads who yearn to hold their baby but with maximum comfort. It is characterized by a long fabric piece and comes with a lot of elasticity. This helps in easily changing the position for better comfort to the baby and the father. The user will have to wrap the fabric several times around the body so that the baby weight can be distributed evenly. Unlike many other carriers, the Moby Wrap firmly grips the head of the baby. So the father can rest be assured and use hands to deal with the newborn. Since it is pretty simple to make, one can avoid spending money outside and make one at home. This baby carrier allows the father to take up several positions for holding the baby – from the stomach or the hip.
In order to figure out the one baby carrier which suits the needs, an advice will be to step into a store. Try all of them and choose the best one.By Phillip | August 4, 2014 | Child Safety, Dads Zone Read More
Sports activities play a vital role in the growth and development of kids and children. After attaining the age of 3 to 4 years, parents should ensure to introduce their kids to the world of sports. It is good and advisable for kids to sweat out while they are playing outdoors. Sports add to the overall growth and development of mind and body. Parents must ensure to distract their attention from computer, laptops and television. Sporting out essentially helps in developing a child socially as well. Explore some outdoor sports ideas for kids.
Outdoor Sports Ideas for kids:
1. Swimming: Swimming is a great fun filled and loving sport of children especially in summers. It chills out and makes the kid enjoyable. Swimming refreshes mind and body completely. Training the child for swimming indeed helps in strengthening bones and muscles. It is essential to supervise the kid doing swimming.
2. Walk Blind folded: This is a very popular game since childhood days. Not only kids but even elders enjoy playing it. Kids can play this game as well. Since this is a team game, they can accompany their friends and play. One player from every team gets blindfolded and chases the players of opponent team. This would teach them team spirit and alertness.
3. Electric Scooter: Kids are attracted towards vehicles. They took wish to drive their father’s car or mothers two wheeler. But in replacement to this, parents can bring in riding toy for their kids and electric scooters are the best in this case. Kids can easily ride electric scooter and take it from place to place. Since it is battery operated, it does not create any pollution as well.
4. Skipping: Skipping is also a popular sporting idea for kids. It is done with the help of the rope. Kids need to jump ahead of the rope as and when it comes near feet area after constantly rotating it above the head. This helps in activating the bones and muscles of kids. With consistent outflow of sweat, kids would remain fit and healthy as well.
5. 500: 500 is a very active sporting idea for kids. It is again played in a team of 10 to 20 children and onwards. Every child in the team is given a number. The player that starts the game will throw the ball in the air and speak out some relevant number. The number which matches with the kid is supposed to catch the football before it touches the ground. This game is indeed very active and calls for great amount of running, activeness and fun.
Outdoor Sports are very beneficial to kids. They not only provide physical benefits to the children but also help them in growing socially. The sports develop physical strength, eye coordination and balance amongst kids. From social point of view, the kid starts turning responsible towards the society. Kids learn to work in teams, act as a leader in certain situations, discipline and citizenship.By Phillip | July 23, 2014 | Vacations Read More
With the ever evolving world of technology, you cannot allow yourself to be one of the few that are not able to advance technologically. The over ear noise cancelling headphones offer a wonderful experience and they give you a comfort that is better than the other usual on ear headphones. They have quite a number of benefits and they have very many outstanding features that make them stand out and increase their demand from the loyal customers. If you want to view top rated headphones, Headyo reviews the best over ear noise cancelling headphones in great detail.
- They are one of the few wireless headphones around and all they require to function is just select the music you want to play from either your phone or iPod and as long as they are compatible it will automatically play the songs.
- They are also unique because they have the Bluetooth device which is something not common with the other headphones. This Bluetooth device helps you communicate without having to place your handset on the ear. It comes in handy when driving or when you do not want the hassle of having to lift your handset.
- It has a design that makes it comfortable to wear and it is very comfortable.
- They guarantee you extremely high performance because of their high quality features.
- The ear cups have been designed in a way that makes it comfortable for you when you wear. They are comfortable in the sense that even if you wear them for so long you will not experience any pain.
- They have leather ear pads. This means that it makes them very durable and they are guaranteed to last long.
- They are designed in such a way that the sound produced cannot affect you no matter how you long and loud you listen. This is because the natural sound that comes from the headphones is protected by the ear cup and they absorb sound so that the loud music does not affect you.
- They have balance control buttons for the right and left volume adjustment. This means you can opt to listen through one of the sides, but is not advisable because it is important to balance both ears.
- They can be expensive for some people.
- They can be addictive which can be a negative effect mostly for the young.
- They can distract you from other important things.
- They can cause accidents especially when you walk around with them and you do not concentrate on where you are going on the road especially.
These over ear headphones are clearly ones you cannot fail to get for yourself. They are absolutely worth having and they guarantee you the best results because of their outstanding features.By Phillip | July 16, 2014 | Electronic Gadgets Read More
Most of the parents around the world wonder as to why it is necessary for them to install a baby monitor when they have a baby at home. The basic idea behind purchasing a baby monitor is to monitor your child’s activities while you are away from him. Parents, especially first timers, are very curious about their baby’s movements and activities. It is also a fact that it becomes difficult for working parents to keep an eye over the child throughout the day. Even for housewives, it becomes a difficult task to continuously monitor your baby’s movements as they have multiple tasks to be taken care of at home such as cooking, cleaning etc. Taking care of your baby throughout the day makes both of you tired enough to fall asleep as soon as you lie on the bed. At the same time, surveillance of your baby is a never ending process and you have to find out ways to keep an eye over your baby’s activities even during the busiest hour of the day. Watch My Tot offers some genuine reviews of the best baby monitors available in market and also lists some great ongoing deals for your purchase.
A baby monitor helps you to achieve this task of monitoring your baby. It provides, nervous parents just like you and me, an assurance that our babies are safe wherever they are inside the house. Whether you are asleep or tired or relaxing in your room, you always have an option of listening to your baby’s sounds and visualizing his activities inside the room. Some baby monitors also allow a two way talk system wherein you can speak back to your baby and listen to his sounds simultaneously. This gives the baby a fake sense of security and helps him feel that he is not alone in the room. It is believed that babies cry, out of curiosity whenever they wake up from sleep. Installing a baby monitor in his room allows you to speak to the baby and calm him whenever he wakes up. The baby would feel the presence of his parents around him inside the room, would become less frightened and ultimately calm down.
Baby monitors are very useful for first time parents who feel extremely terrified of leaving their baby alone even for a short span of time. Although their fear is understandable, installing a baby monitor would relieve them of all these fears and anxieties giving them a more slacken lifestyle so that they can enjoy their new experience as parents.
There are various best rated baby monitors available in the market. Broadly, they can be classified into two categories namely wired and wireless baby monitors. Wired baby monitors provide excellent connectivity but are less portable and a bit complicated due to the wires involved in them. On the other hand, wireless baby monitors are simple to install, easily portable but their signals can sometimes interfere with other wireless devices installed at your place.
Baby monitors are also available with just audio, video or both audio and video features. The latest ones come with multiple receiver options wherein one can install more than one video display device at various places in the house connected to a single transmitter device installed in the baby’s room. The receiver modules nowadays come with high audio quality and digital video quality so that you can view and listen to clear signals from your baby. Other features included in latest baby monitors is temperature display, sound activated light system, multiple receiver and transmitter units, low battery indicators and high frequency for longer range of signals.By Phillip | May 29, 2014 | Child Safety, Electronic Gadgets Read More
When you are satisfied that your child has grown big enough to be seated rear facing, you might go for a forward facing car seat which is generally used for toddlers above 2 years. The forward facing is recommended for toddlers weighing greater than 40 lbs or toddlers aged above 2 years. These seats are designed in such a manner so as to accommodate your child through various phases of his growth instead of a particular age. Majority of these seats can be used by children starting from a toddler till the time they reach their teen age.
You will find a wide range of best rated convertible car seats available in the market but it is entirely your decision whether you want to purchase an infant only car seat first and then go for another car seat for toddlers or you may simply want to purchase a single convertible car seat which can be used to solve both the purposes. It would definitely be a wise decision to go for a single convertible car seat which can be used as rear facing for an infant and can be converted to be used as forward facing when the child grows out to become a toddler.
The convertible car seat comes with a 5 point harness system which allows you to restrain the infant within the seat when facing rear. Once the child grows and crosses the weight and height dimensions of rear facing, the seat can be converted and fitted in a forward facing position in the vehicle. However, you may still continue using the harness system as it is ideally considered as the safest restraint for children in a moving vehicle.
As your child grows, you may wish to opt out of the harness system and allow the seat to become a booster. Now you may just require the seat belts of your car to be fitted into the appropriate slots of your car seat. This ability of a single car seat to adapt as a multipurpose car seat makes it the most versatile car seat in the market. It is believed that it grows along with your child. Although these convertible car seats are expensive to their counterparts, they turn out to be a smart purchasing option if you compare purchasing it with purchasing three different car seats required for your child starting from infant to youth age. If you want to buy the best car seats, Tot on Board is the place to checkout. They have various seats which are reviewed and rated by the experts and they also feature the best deals on them.
Each convertible car seat comes with an expiry date which is generally 8-10 years from the date of its manufacturing. This is due to the fact that the seat components may start degrading by that time and the seat may not provide enough safety for your child by that time. However, you may check the manufacturer’s limit mentioned in the car seat manual on how long the seat can be used. Some manufacturers may also offer a car seat service from time to time in order to check the safety features of the car seat and the durability of the car seat components. Others might just offer you to simply bring back the car seat after its expiry date and get a new one at a reduced price. You may search for various brands and offers online to get the best convertible car seat for your child.By Phillip | May 29, 2014 | Child Safety Read More